Hi, I’m Imran.
I founded Northern Writing Consultants to help people achieve excellence in writing and communication.
Many of my clients initially say “I just don’t have the knack for writing”, or “I’m just not a good speaker!”
These statements come from a place of insecurity or simply lack of knowledge. With the right tools and support, and a bit of practice, you can find writing and presenting to be rewarding, easy, and enjoyable. I have worked with people ranging from high school students, to Master’s applicants, to doctors. No matter your skill level, there is always something to be gained.
Read on to learn a bit more about my qualifications and why I am the best choice for your writing or interview preparation needs.
- I have six years’ experience as a Writing Consultant, with four years at the University of Guelph in the Library Learning Commons. I have helped hundreds of writers, like you, from disciplines ranging from medical research to law essays.
- I have won two awards for excellence in writing mentorship.
- I am a previous journalist and had my work appear in over five publications, including the Toronto Star, Sudbury Star, and Carleton University Health Dissemination Blog.
Presentations and Interview Prep
- I am a trained public speaker through Toastmasters International, Chapter 9482.
- I was accepted to five different medical and chiropractic schools, and have received an award for high interview scoring. I know what interviewing feels like as I’ve gone through it multiple times, and I can share the skills you need to use to succeed.
- I have served on three interview and hiring panels in both academic and professional roles, so I know what interviewers are looking for in your application and interview.
Consulting and Teaching
- I have won three awards for teaching excellence and innovation since 2016.
- I have taught English as a Second Language, and I have worked with ESL students from ten different countries for four years at the University of Guelph.
- I have worked in teaching and consulting roles for over six years.
- MD (candidate), Northern Ontario School of Medicine, Thunder Bay ON
- Masters in Philanthropy and Nonprofit Management, Carleton University, Ottawa ON
- Hons. Bachelor of Arts & Science with concentrations in Philosophy and in Biology, University of Guelph, Guelph ON
If you have any questions, please reach out using the contact form on the home page.