Hi, I’m Imran.
I founded Northern Writing Consultants because I believe excellence in writing truly matters.
Consider that the main way we interact with the world is through the written word. Almost everything you’ve seen today has had some basis in writing – from the texts on your phone, to the posts you interact with on the internet, even the billboards you see on your drive home.
If you want your voice and your project to stand out in this environment, your words need to be crafted perfectly. From structure and composition all the way to word choice, every component can be refined to create the impact you desire. NWC is here to help you with that, because we know writing matters.
My team and I have worked with clients ranging from entrepreneurs to advertising executives. We have the tools to ensure your project is written and presented the right way.
Read on to learn a bit more about my qualifications, and check out our team bios to find out why we are the best choice for your writing or interview preparation needs.
- Writing Consultant since 2014, with four years at the University of Guelph in the Library Learning Commons. I have helped hundreds of clients achieve excellence in their projects.
- Have won two awards for excellence in writing mentorship.
- My work has appeared in multiple publications, including peer-reviewed journals, Toronto Star, Sudbury Star, and Carleton University Health Dissemination Blog.
Presentations and Interview Prep
- Trained in public speaking through Toastmasters International, Chapter 9482.
- Accepted to five different medical and chiropractic schools, and have received an award for high interview scoring. I know what interviewing feels like, and I can share the skills you need to use to succeed.
- Served on three interview and hiring panels in both academic and professional roles, so I know what interviewers are looking for in your application and interview.
Consulting and Teaching
- I have won three awards for teaching excellence and innovation since 2016.
- Have taught English as a Second Language, and have worked with ESL students from ten different countries since 2013.
- Worked in private and public teaching and consulting roles since 2013.
- MD (candidate), Northern Ontario School of Medicine, Thunder Bay ON
- Masters in Philanthropy and Nonprofit Management, Carleton University, Ottawa ON
- Hons. Bachelor of Arts & Science with concentrations in Philosophy and in Biology, University of Guelph, Guelph ON